1.4
Additional Fees

I paid a security deposit of $75 to SCE back in 2009 when I first opened my account, then was asked to pay another in 2015 in the amount of $80 which I paid and life went on as normal. August of 2016 I moved into a new apartment and had service transferred from the old place to the new one.

Billing for the new place started in September. Just today I was disconnected for an outstanding bill which I paid promptly upon disconnection. That payment included a mandatory $145 security deposit that I HAD to pay in order to restore service. I called and spoke with 3 different people about why I was being charged an additional security deposit of $145 when they already had a total of $155 (75 & 80).

Each person told me a different story. I was eventually transferred to an extremely RUDE supervisor who basically told me in a nut shell that it is up to them to decide how much they want your deposit to be and can charge it however frequently they feel like when you are disconnected. Their policy states that deposit should be twice the amount of your average monthly bill which in this case would be $80. Double that is $160.

That's how much my deposit should be. They've been sitting on the first $155 for 9 years now and just stole another $145 which I'm sure they'll keep for another 10 years. Either way, they now have a $300 deposit which should be based on an average monthly bill of $150.

I feel so completely taken advantage of. I guess that I will need to take it to the next level and file a report.

This reviewer shared experience about "deceptive security deposit practices" and wants this business to issue a full refund as the author lost $145. DenaD is overall dissatisfied with Southern California Edison. The most disappointing about southern california edison residential electricity supply at Southern California Edison was rude supervisor and deceptive security deposit practices, no answers to certain questions and cryptic security deposit policy implementation , but reviewer liked first cs woman was very kind. Reviewer wants customer support to reach our to him or her ASAP for further discussion of this matter.

Also, you can continue reading comments about Southern California Edison.

Check out the best and the worst companies in Utility category for more informed decision or compare Southern California Edison to other companies on our site.

Comments