I've used SCE for about 10 years now. When I first used them they required a $200 deposit, which seemed reasonable since I'd never used their services before.

I moved in 2011 and transferred my services to the new place. I moved again in May of 2018 and started service at my new place before I moved out of the old place. No security deposit was required. My average monthly bill was around $234/month.

My bill went from $234 in May to over $1500 in August. I thought it was because I had A/C now instead of a swamp cooler, so I agreed to pay it in monthly installments. In January of 2019 they shut off my electricity. I paid the past due amount of $189 and they said they would not turn it back on until I paid the $775 deposit that has been there since last October.

WHAT??? I was never notified of this deposit, and if I was, why would they wait over 2 months to finally say something about it? I've reported it to the BBB.

They are thieves, and the $775 isn't even equivalent to 2 months worth of bills which they say it could equal up to. Thieves!!!

Product or Service Mentioned: Southern California Edison Account.

Comments